I can't take credit for that catchy title - a play on our last name, Lily's late arrival and blooming, like a flower (lily) does - it was cleverly created by a dear girlfriend, A. She was an English major and is now a teacher - oh so creative.
So, we are waiting for our little girl. She is a few days past her "due" date. It's funny that I had in my head this whole time that we were having a March baby, but now it is April and we are still wondering when. Thankfully not April Fool's Day!
Honestly, we are anxious to meet her, but I am okay with being late. It has given us the opportunity to finish up a lot of projects. However, in the forefront of my mind is the fact that I am on a deadline. To have her at the birthing center, which I really would LOVE to do, she has to come before or at least right around 42 weeks. If not, I will have to be induced, which I really do not want. I know it's more painful and riskier, but if that is what God wants, so be it. That is what I am clinging to - everything is in His hands, not mine.
On Tuesday, if Lil' Lil has not arrived, I will have to go for an ultrasound and NST (non-stress test, I believe) to get the okay to keep on waiting another week or so. At that appointment, I am pretty sure they will be scheduling the induction, just in case. I don't care for ultrasounds for these reasons, so unlike most people, I am not looking forward to this appointment, but I don't have a choice if I want to try to keep waiting for her to come naturally. But, at the same time, maybe God is trying to show us something. Maybe our plans for delivery are different than His. We will have to see!
Please pray for us! We would love to have Lillian at the Fruitful Vine without medical intervention, but more important that the 'where' is her health and a desire for a safe delivery, and more important than all of that is HIS WILL BE DONE, not mine. I am thankful we are in our Blessed Controller's hands.
I have clung to this verse throughout my pregnancy, thanks to my sweet friend W sharing it with me.
Psalm 56:3 - In what time I am afraid, I will put my trust in you.
Please also pray for our family. It has been a tough week, but everyone is okay, and God is still and will always be God!!!
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment